Vineyards & Cellar Assistant
Founded in 1982 in Braselton, Georgia, Château Élan Winery is currently producing over 35,000 cases annually. During the past five years Château Élan has been one of the fastest growing and most awarded winery on the East Coast. The brand has experienced remarkable growth, and projections indicate potential for double digit growth over the next five years.
We produce high quality wines of several different styles from Georgia and California grown grapes.
Château Élan is currently seeking a VINEYARDS AND CELLAR ASSISTANT.
Our winery offers modern technologies and equipment and the opportunity to work in a premium winemaking environment. The ideal candidate is an hard worker, high energy, team oriented, reliable, has a keen eye for details and a desire to contribute to producing the highest quality wines and maintaining a perfectly manicured vineyard. Our vineyards and cellar assistant will be work and report directly to our vineyard manager and cellar master.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Able to read, understand and complete paperwork efficiently and accurately
– Operates crush equipment and presses in full autonomy
– Operates the bottling line
– Filter operation with lenticular and membrane sterile filtration
– Performs pump overs and delestages
– Harvest and routine additions including yeasting and nutrients
– Handles shipping and receiving of dry goods and wine
– Proficient forklift operation
– Operates barrel racking, washing, stacking with forklift, barrel topping and running inventories
– Operates sanitation in all areas of cellar operations
– Maintain a safe, clean and healthful work environment at all times
– Vineyard work as required – pruning, leaf and bunch thinning, grape vine tucking
– Other general farm duties and crop harvesting
– Ability to work under pressure
– Ability to work in extreme weather conditions, (cold, heat, rain etc.)
– Attention to detail
– Ability to multi-task and be flexible in a sometimes fast paced and changing environment
– Ability and willingness to work long hours and weekends, especially during harvest
– Ability to stand for long periods of time, lift and move up to 50 lbs., and climb stairs and ladders
– Strong communication skills, team oriented
– Valid driver’s license.
– Position will be exposed to indoor and outdoor environments with varying noise levels
– Employee is exposed to wet or humid conditions
– Exposed to inclement seasonal weather, summer heat, cold weather, rain
– Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, and twisting in the performance of various tasks in a production environment
– Must be able to repeatedly lift and carry weights up to 60 pounds at varying frequencies with equipment
Please apply by sending your resume directly to the Executive Winemaker & CEO, Simone Bergese (email@example.com)